- Though Cruise Asia Ltd. makes every effort to adhere to the published travel programs, changes and delays in timetables and routes may occur at short notice as a result of changing water levels of the river and other unpredictable events.
- The ship’s captain and purser are jointly responsible for the safety of the passengers. Their instructions must be followed.
- Whilst our crew do everything in their power to facilitate landings, access to the ship at certain river stations can be difficult, with steep and sometimes slippery riverbanks. Elderly clients should consult their doctor to ensure that they are fit for travel. Wheelchairs are not allowed.
- In the case of water levels being too high or low or defects to the vessel beyond the control of Cruise Asia Ltd., an alternative itinerary will be offered to passengers after consultation between the ship’s captain and the management of Cruise Asia Ltd., subject to accommodation and meals being maintained on board RV River Kwai.
- Embarkation and disembarkation points are set according to the program. For individually requested embarkation or disembarkation points, Cruise Asia Ltd. takes over no additional costs for transport to and from the alternative embarkation or disembarkation point; unless passengers or their agencies have booked a complete package tour that includes additional land services through us. A reason for changing the embarkation or disembarkation points cannot be considered as a reason for terminating this contract.
- Clients should seek advice from their doctor regarding relevant inoculations and prophylactics for travel in Thailand.
- Clients must be fully insured to cover any risk of medical repatriation and Cruise Asia Ltd. is in no way responsible for such liabilities.
- Once a booking has been received through a sales agent or directly from the passenger, a contract exists between Cruise Asia Ltd. and the client. Therefore, terms and conditions must be adhered to by both parties.
- Unless otherwise agreed, the travel agencies are responsible for the punctual arrival of their customers to and from the ship. In the event of late arrival, Cruise Asia Ltd. is not obliged to delay the departure.
- Cruise Asia Ltd. accepts no liability or responsibility for loss or damage to passenger’s property whilst on board of RV River Kwai.
- Cruise Asia Ltd. provides a tour guide for shore excursions. Should passengers wish to bring their own state-licensed guide, accommodation in the crew quarters may be offered subject to availability at a special rate.
- Cruise Asia. Ltd. reserves the right to refuse to allow anyone on board if a ticket or voucher cannot be shown. Furthermore, the exact location of cabins cannot be guaranteed.
- Within the package price, the fuel costs were calculated at average prices at the time of publication of this travel document. Should fuel prices rise by more than 10%, Cruise Asia Ltd. is then entitled to levy a fuel surcharge that exceeds the price stipulated in the contract.
- It is not permitted to allow any kind of animal onboard.
- Infants under 4 years of age can stay in their parents’ cabin at no extra charge. No cots or extra beds are available. The parents are responsible for their infants’ meals. Children from 4 years of age must occupy a bed and pay full price without exception.
- In the event of a dispute, the law of the country in which the vessel is operating will apply > Thailand.
- Cruise Asia Ltd. reserves the right to change the vessel without notice.
- Payment terms and cancellation policy are printed on the invoice issued for each booking whether for an individual or for a group. Clients and their agents must abide by these terms and Cruise Asia Ltd. reserves the right to either cancel an existing reservation or to refuse passage in the event that these terms have not been adhered to.
- In the event that one passenger enters into a commercial or other forms of relationship or arrangement with another passenger, Cruise Asia Ltd. is in no way liable for the obligations of one passenger to another passenger or any claim arising thereof. If as a result of any such relationship or arrangement entered into without the involvement of Cruise Asia Ltd. by prior agreement, then the latter is in no way liable for any claims from either party of any nature whatsoever.
Option terms can be offered as follows:
- More than 120 days prior to the departure date: 30 days option
- between 120 days and 60 days: 15 days option
- between 59 days and 30 days: 7 days option
- between 29 days and 11 days: 1 day option
This option expires if deposit payment is not received by us by the stated date.
- A 20% deposit is required upon confirmation of any bookings, refundable up to 61 days before departure and non-refundable for charters.
- Final balances must be paid 31 days before departure or the booking may be cancelled and the deposit forfeited.
- More than 61 days prior to departure: NO cancellation fee
- Between 60 and 31 days prior to departure: 20% of contract rate
- Between 30 and 21 days prior to departure: 50% of contract rate
- 20 days to departure day and no show: 100% of contract rate
Charter Payment Terms
- 30% non-refundable deposit is required upon confirmation of charter booking
- 30% (second) non-refundable payment by 120 days prior to departure
- Balance 60 days prior to departure
- Cancellation Term – All payments made are forfeited if clients cancel at any date prior to departure
- Children of 4 years and older must solely occupy a berth and pay the full rate (same as adults).
- Infants below the age of 4 years may sleep in their parent’s cabin without extra charge but parents are to provide their own baby food.
- NO triple rooms or extra beds are available.
Rates are including:
- Accommodation on RV River Kwai, meals as mentioned above, coffee, tea & drinking water.
- Transfers and sightseeing tours with English, French or German-speaking local guides (together with other cruise members).
- Entrance fees.
- Transfers to the Golf Courses (for Golf Cruises only).
- Golf Course Green fees (for Golf Cruises only).
- Golf Course Caddy fees (for Golf Cruises only).
- Optional tours.
- Expenditures of a personal nature for bar and laundry.
- Gratuity to the crew.
- Golf Course Caddy Tips.
Above terms & condition are valid for all our cruises, unless otherwise stated in the relevant Cruise Package Tour PDF’s.