The River Kwai Four Day Golf Cruise Downstream Details
Thursday | Golf Cruise Day 1
BANGKOK-KANCHANABURI-THONG PHA PHUM-BAN HIN DAT
- Depart from Bangkok by van/coach to Kanchanaburi via Nakorn Pathom.
- First day’s golf is at the Mission Hills Golf Club Kanchanaburi, one of the most beautiful courses in western Thailand. The fairways are lined with thousands of mature palms, the course itself winds round gently sloping hills and the clubhouse, clad in timber, make this a truly sensation golfing experience, and a great way to finish a tour of this fascinating region of the country.
- Lunch at Sommai Restaurant.
- Continue to Thong Pha Phum. If time allows, visit to Vachiralongkorn Dam, an immense lake created from the waters of three rivers harnessed by the hydroelectric dam which stretches to the far horizon. The thick jungle through which the railway line cut a swathe in recent times has been tamed and the surrounding fertile land now supports agricultural crops – sugar cane, tapioca, tobacco, maize and cotton. The admirable rugged scenery of the lake set against rolling hills on the distant horizon is ample reward for the long journey.
- Embark on RV River Kwai and cruise along Kwai Noi River.
- Dinner and overnight on board.
Friday | Golf Cruise Day 2
BAN HIN DAT-SAI YOK YAI-SAI YOK
- Breakfast on board while cruising downriver.
- Heading off to the Nichigo Resort & Country Club, which actually features three courses. The fairways are wide and although water has been used sparingly, the challenge ahead is indeed interesting.
- Lunch on board while cruising along Kwai Noi River.
- River rafting or canoeing downstream on Kwai Noi River. If time allows, visit nearby the Mon Village.
- Dinner and overnight on board.
Saturday | Golf Cruise Day 3
SAI YOK-BAN KAO
- Breakfast on board while cruising along Kwai Noi River.
- Today’s golf is at the , set amongst Kanchanaburi’s beautiful rugged mountains hills and relies on water for most of its hazards, providing an interesting test of golf. From the greens to the fairways, the ten-year-old course is always in excellent condition and thus an enjoyable course for all class of players.
- Return to boat for lunch.
- Lunch on board while cruising and viewing scenery at its best.
- Thai Cooking Class: There is no better way to learn Thai cooking than taking an authentic cooking class in Thailand. However this basic cooking class – on deck of RV River Kwai – will introduce you to the wonderful world of Thai flavors. During classes the school’s instructional emphasis is focused on three things: traditional Thai technique, innovative use of ingredients and aesthetic presentations. Spend a few hours learning to prepare a traditional Thai cocktail (‘Mai Tai’), authentic Thai dishes (e.g. ‘Tom Yam Kung’ or ‘Chicken Green Curry’) and a Thai green papaya salad (‘Som Tam’). An experience not to be missed!
- Farewell Dinner and overnight on board.
Sunday | Golf Cruise Day 4
- Breakfast on board while cruising downstream to Wat Tham Khaopoon.
- Visit to Wat Tham Khaopoon, a Buddhist temple which served as a big camp of World War II. There is a middle cave containing stalactites and stalagmites and many remarkable Buddha images. Behind the temple enjoy a marvelous view down the valley of the Kwai Noi River.
- Continue by coach to Kanchanaburi to visit the world-famous bridge over the River Kwai. The sturdy Iron Bridge spanning the River Kwai Yai, which was a crucial part of the Death Railway, was built in some 16 months by Allied prisoners of war and Asian conscripts. The bridge was destroyed in Allied bombing raids towards the end of World War II and was later rebuilt by the Japanese as war reparations. Continue to the Thailand-Burma Railway Center Museum, an interactive museum which provides a remarkable research and information centre dedicated to presenting the story of the Thailand-Burma Railway. Finally, visit to the Donrak War Cemetery which contains the remains of 6,982 Allied prisoners of war who perished during the construction of the “Death Railway”.
- Rejoin RV River Kwai and lunch on board while cruising towards Nong Ya dock.
- Disembark RV River Kwai at Nong Ya dock and return to Bangkok by coach.
- Arrive Bangkok and transfer to your hotel in Bangkok downtown.
Golf Holiday Highlights
Mida Golf Club, formerly known as The Lion Hills Golf and Country Club, is set among Kanchanaburi beautiful rugged mountains hills and relies on water [...]