Four Day Golf Cruise Downstream Details
Thursday | Golf Cruise Day 1
BANGKOK-KANCHANABURI-THONG PHA PHUM-BAN HIN DAT
Depart from Bangkok by van/coach to Kanchanaburi via Nakorn Pathom.
First day’s golf is at the Mission Hills Golf Club Kanchanaburi, one of the most beautiful courses in western Thailand. With its fairways lined with thousands of mature palms, the course itself coils round gently sloping hills and the timber-clad clubhouse, making this a truly memorable golfing experience, and a great way to start a tour of this fascinating region of the country.
- Lunch at Sommai Restaurant.
- Continue to Thong Pha Phum. If time allows, visit Vachiralongkorn Dam, an immense lake created from the waters of three rivers harnessed by the hydroelectric dam which stretches to the far horizon. The thick jungle through which the railway line cut a swathe in recent times has been tamed and the surrounding fertile land now supports agricultural crops – sugar cane, tapioca, tobacco, maize and cotton. The admirable rugged scenery of the lake set against rolling hills on the distant horizon is ample reward for the long journey.
- Embark on RV River Kwai at Daowadung Bridge and cruise downstream on the Kwai Noi River.
- Dinner and overnight on board at Sai Yok Yai Waterfalls.
Friday | Golf Cruise Day 2
BAN HIN DAT-SAI YOK YAI-SAI YOK
Breakfast on board while cruising downriver.
On the second day, we’re heading off to the Nichigo Resort & Country Club, featuring three – River, Lake, and Mountain – 9 holes theme courses. With wide tree-lined fairways and sparingly used water, the challenge ahead could indeed be quite interesting.
- Lunch on board while cruising downriver to the Floatel Jungle Raft.
- River rafting or canoeing downstream on Kwai Noi River. If time allows, visit nearby the Mon Village.
(Optional: Enjoy one hour Thai Traditional massage – Extra: Baht 600.- per person)
- Afternoon at leisure on the boat.
- Dinner and overnight on board near the Resotel
(Optional: Enjoy 45 minutes Mon dances performance – Extra: Baht 180.- per person)
Saturday | Golf Cruise Day 3
SAI YOK-BAN KAO
Breakfast on board while cruising downriver.
Today’s golf is at the Mida Golf Club (formerly The Lion Hills Golf and Country Club) which is set among Kanchanaburi’s beautiful rugged mountains hills and relies on water for most of its hazards, providing an exciting test of golf. From greens to fairways, this ten-year-old course is always in excellent condition and an enjoyable course for all class of players.
- Return to the boat for lunch.
- Lunch on board while cruising downriver.
- Thai Cooking Class: There is no better way to learn Thai cooking than taking an authentic cooking class in Thailand. However this basic cooking class – on the deck of RV River Kwai – will introduce you to the wonderful world of Thai flavors. During classes, the school’s instructional emphasis is focused on three things: traditional Thai technique, innovative use of ingredients and aesthetic presentations. Spend a few hours learning to prepare a traditional Thai cocktail (‘Mai Tai’), authentic Thai dishes (e.g. ‘Tom Yam Kung’ or ‘Chicken Green Curry’) and a Thai green papaya salad (‘Som Tam’).
An experience not to be missed!
- Farewell Dinner and overnight on board, near Ban Kao.
Sunday | Golf Cruise Day 4
Breakfast on board while cruising downstream to Wat Tham Khaopoon.
- Visit to Wat Tham Khaopoon, a Buddhist temple which served as a big camp of World War II. There is a middle cave containing stalactites and stalagmites and many remarkable Buddha images. Behind the temple enjoy a marvelous view down the valley of the Kwai Noi River.
- Continue by coach to Kanchanaburi to visit the world-famous bridge over the River Kwai. The sturdy Iron Bridge spanning the River Kwai Yai, which was a crucial part of the Death Railway, was built in some 16 months by Allied prisoners of war and Asian conscripts. The bridge was destroyed in Allied bombing raids towards the end of World War II and was later rebuilt by the Japanese as war reparations. Continue to the Thailand-Burma Railway Center Museum, an interactive museum which provides a remarkable research and information center dedicated to presenting the story of the Thailand-Burma Railway. Finally, visit the Donrak War Cemetery which contains the remains of 6,982 Allied prisoners of war who perished during the construction of the “Death Railway”.
- Rejoin RV River Kwai at Saphan Mai and lunch on board while cruising towards Nong Ya dock.
- Disembark RV River Kwai at Nong Ya dock and return to Bangkok by coach.
- Arrive Bangkok and transfer to your hotel in Bangkok downtown.
Golf Holiday Highlights
Mida Golf Club, formerly known as The Lion Hills Golf and Country Club, is set among Kanchanaburi beautiful rugged mountains hills and relies on water [...]