Four Day Golf Cruise Upstream Details
Monday | Golf Cruise Day 1
Depart from Bangkok by van/coach to Kanchanaburi
First day’s golf is at the Mission Hills Golf Club Kanchanaburi, one of the most beautiful courses in western Thailand. The fairways are lined with thousands of mature palms, the course itself winds round gently sloping hills and the clubhouse, clad in timber, make this a truly sensation golfing experience, and a great way to finish a tour of this fascinating region of the country.
- Embark RV River Kwai at Nong Ya dock
- Lunch on board while cruising on Kwai Noi River
- Afternoon at leisure!
- Dinner and overnight on board, near Ban Kao
Tuesday | Golf Cruise Day 2
BAN KAO-SAI YOK
Breakfast on board while cruising upriver on the Kwai Noi River to Muang Singh.
The golf tour begins at the Evergreen Hills Golf Club & Resort, located in one of Kanchanaburi’s many beautiful jungle covered valleys. The course in not too long and welcomes players of mixed ability. Water comes into play on many of the holes and a long dog-leg par-4 17th is a course favorite.
- Lunch on board while cruising upriver
- Afternoon at leisure on the boat
(Optional: Enjoy one hour Thai Traditional massage – Extra: Baht 600.- per person)
- Afternoon at leisure on the boat.
- Dinner and overnight on board near the Resotel
(Optional: Enjoy 45 minutes Mon dances performance – Extra: Baht 180.- per person)
Wednesday | Golf Cruise Day 3
SAI YOK-SAI YOK YAI-BAN HIN DAD
Breakfast on board.
Today’s golf is at the River Kwai Golf & Country Club. Very rarely will you find a golf course in Asia with as stunning backdrop as the River Kwai Golf & Country Club. This beautiful 27-hole golf course, which can only be reached by ferry – lies in front of Kanchanaburi’s exciting mountainous peaks and relies on an abundance of local and imported flora and trees to brighten up it’s fairways. It incorporates water hazards on most of its holes, has the occasional blind green and in many instances the golfer will have to rely on a long tee shot to clear its charms.
- Return to boat for lunch.
- Lunch on board while cruising upriver, passing Sai Yok Yai Waterfalls
- Afternoon at leisure on the boat or
- Visit a boarding school nearby the bank of Kwai Noi River built under the patronage of H.R.H. Crown Princess Sirindhorn for refugee children.
- “Farewell Dinner” and overnight on board at Daowadueng Bridge.
Thursday | Golf Cruise Day 4
BAN HIN DAD-KANCHANABURI-BANGKOK
Offering foods to monks (making merit in Buddhist style) at nearby temple and then Breakfast on board.
- Disembark and return to Kanchanaburi by coach. Visit the Thailand-Burma Railway Center Museum, an interactive museum which provides a remarkable research and information centre dedicated to presenting the story of the Thailand-Burma Railway. Also visit to the Donrak War Cemetery which contains the remains of 6,982 Allied prisoners of war who perished during the construction of the “Death Railway”. Continue to the world-famous
bridge over the River Kwai. The sturdy Iron Bridge spanning the River Kwai Yai, which was a crucial part of the Death Railway, was built in some 16 months by Allied prisoners of war and Asian conscripts. The bridge was destroyed in Allied bombing raids towards the end of World War II and was later rebuilt by the Japanese as war reparations.
- Lunch at River Kwai Restaurant, next to the bridge
- Proceed to Bangkok
- Arrive Bangkok and transfer to your hotel in Bangkok downtown.